[vorbis] Pitch shift with RC2

- Sanspoof sanspoof at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:23:37 PDT 2001

I'm using the in-vorbis plug-in dated 2001-06-30 23:29:04.00.  Pulled it and
Oggdrop off the Vorbis website a few days ago.  There's definatly a shift
but my ears hear better at middle and higher frequencies so I can't say for
certain it's accross the entire spectrum.

I suggest pulling a copy of Steely Dan's "Hey Nineteen" and listening to the
first 30 seconds from the CD and then sampled at 128.  That should highlight
the problem without that nasty bass rumble getting in the way.  Once you
hear it, you'll be able to recongnize it at higher sample rates.

I don't want to put too much emphasis on this.  Compared to MP3 Ogg is
fabulous (and free).  MP3 might even have a similar pitch problem that I
can't hear because of all the hiss.