[vorbis] Pitch shift with RC2

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 08:20:21 PDT 2001

"Andy (Dale)" wrote:
> pitch shift doesnt mean up to inaudible frequencies, doesnt it mean that
> like a normal c note in a song would sound like a d, or something along that
> line?

Even a 1Hz sinewave (inaudible to humans, that's infrasonic) pitched up
about 25kHz is inaudible to 99,99999% of all humans. The average human
hears sound between 20Hz and 20kHz. I guess Sanspoof made a typo and
meant 25Hz.

However, I didn't notice any pitchshifting - I always compile the
tarballs myself under Linux and everything works fine that way.

Moritz