[vorbis] RC2 on slashdot.org

Getchoo! getchoo52 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:41:00 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Morton" <jwm at plain.co.nz>

Ogg just doesn't suffer these problems. The reference library will play
anything produced by any of the encoders. The only difference between RC1
and
final will be a few bug fixes. The libraries are a joy to use and BSD
liscened, so that building plugins is a breeze. There are already plugins
for
just about every player that matters and if it's not distributed with the
player, just download the plugin from vorbis.com. The only question on the
client side is how long will it take for the hardware players to reach the
market.

John

Hardware players, eh?  I own an RCA Lyra and if you use RealJukebox to send
music, it can play RealAudio as well as mp3, Likewise with Windows Media
Player and WMA, so why not Ogg?
I'm checking out the hidden files on the memory card now, I'm sure there's a
way to add Vorbis support to it...