[vorbis] Some pre-RC1 listening tests

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Wed Aug 8 05:07:13 PDT 2001

Hello Gregory,

Wednesday, 08 August, 2001, 01:36:11, you wrote:

GM> The current CVS is badly broken, there are a number of obvious quality
GM> reducing and bitrate increasing bugs that, (I believe) Monty has fixed and
GM> not yet committed.

ff123 compiled a newer version today, and some bugs are gone:

grace.wav - it sounds OK now, there are no dropouts (also verified
with spectrum analysis).

glitch.wav - The high-frequency glitch is almost gone. But this clip
(after encoding) sounds more brighter then the original. Maybe this is
a joint-stereo artifact?

5551234.wav - still crashes oggdrop

horn.wav - the horn instrument still sounds a bit fluttery

ff123 also reported that some of the bugs with his clips are gone as
well.

Go, Monty, go! :)

--
Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov/
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3