[vorbis] Some pre-RC1 listening tests

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Tue Aug 7 15:41:17 PDT 2001

----------
> Van: Aleksandar Dovnikovic <aldov at EUnet.yu>
> Aan: vorbis at xiph.org
> Onderwerp: [vorbis] Some pre-RC1 listening tests
> Datum: woensdag 8 augustus 2001 0:13
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> ff123 compiled Monty's branch of the RC1 encoder, see his post on
> r3mix.net forum:

http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=c&action=display&num=994299736&st
art=30

> Anyway it only supports ~128kbps mode, so I did a quick listening
> test with some files that bugged vorbis beta4.

It seems that, for some reason, the files generated by Monty's branch are
getting bigger and bigger.
A few weeks ago it was ~96 kbps. A few days ago it was ~128 kbps. Today
it's ~140 kbps. o_0

Not that I'm complaning about not-yet-released-software. I just think that
it's kinda weird....