[vorbis] Vorbis ACM

Ingo Ralf Blum blumi at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 18 12:06:00 PDT 2001

> For DirectShow information you need to download the DirectX 8 SDK
> from Microsoft.

Or the Platform SDK. The Direct Show classes, which were part of the build tools
in the Direct Show SDK 5 and 6 are now in the sample source code package for
DirectX (in the Platform SDK installer).

For ACM codec information you need the DDK documentation. I have two versions
here, first the MSDN documentation, second the NT 4 DDK. (And I have just
discovered that it is also in the Windows 2000 DDK).

Also don't forget to download the GraphEdt application (I think it is in the
build tools package).

For the ACM stuff I also recomment searching for WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE, either in
the Platform SDK documentation or online at the MSDN website. This is a new
format structure, which contains a format GUID, so you don't have to register a
new wave format with Microsoft. However this is only required, if you intend to
embed Vorbis packets into a WAV or AVI file (what I do).

I have not yet tested if the AVI Mux and AVI Writer filters work with this new
format, however for the ACM driver there is no problem with that. I'll try the
first when my Ogg demultiplexer filter works.

Regards Ingo