[vorbis] Re: ogg123 and stdout

Matthijs Laan matthijsln at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 19 03:37:55 PDT 2001

At 10:44 19-4-01, you wrote:
> >I've made something. It wasn't done in exactly 10 minutes because I had to
> >translate the headers to Pascal, but the GUI was certainly done in about
> >30 minutes.
>[...]
> >http://www.xs4all.nl/~walterln/vorbis_play_17apr.zip (259K)
>
>would it be hard to add streaming support? a small and simple player,
>which could also stream vorbis would be cool.

I don't think it's hard, but I don't know any streaming servers I could test
on, and since I'm using a dial-up connection paid per second, I need a local
streaming server for Windows for testing.

>also a command line tool for playing and decoding with stdin support
>could be very useful.
>
>wget -O - http://server:8000/stream.ogg | player

On windows? Can you do this on unixes with ogg123 right now?

>I wish I could to this also in 10 minutes, but I think I would need 10
>days to 10 weeks. ;)

The GUI is easy with Delphi or C++Builder. There is even a Linux version of
Delphi (C++ coming).

Matthijs