[vorbis] Mp3 to Ogg converter?

Mat Bettinson mat at eurogamer.net
Wed Apr 18 18:07:20 PDT 2001

Heya fungus,

f> He might have lost it...

f> Anyway, who cares? Ogg is cooler than MP3, that's reason enough.

No it's not enough. You live in ga ga land if you're willing to put up
with reducing the quality of your audio just to have it in a file
format you consider cooler. That's just insane.

By all means re-encode from the source etc etc.

To add something fresh to this argument, it would be nifty to see a
Napster style system with Ogg files. I'd download those. I can't
really be bothered downloading MP3s given how utterly clueless most of
the people are who are encoding music. An MP3 file could be a very
nice LAME encode or it could be some ghastly Xing rip. You just don't
know.

--
Mat Bettinson - EuroGamer's Gaming Evangelist with a Goatee
http://www.eurogamer.net | http://www.eurogamer-network.com