[vorbis] Winamp plugin not recognized at all

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Wed Apr 18 04:41:18 PDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, [Windows-1250] Jernej Simonèiè wrote:

> Hello Beni,
>
> Tuesday, April 17, 2001, 3:22:35 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Paul Hoskinson wrote:
>
> >> You might want to try deleting winamp.ini from the winamp
> >> directory. Winamp's settings might be corrupted or something.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>
> > I tried.  It doesn't help.  It's quite a time since beta4 and I still
> > can't use it (I do encode with it but it would not always be played back
> > correctly with older plugins).
>
> > Can some one try to generate more ideas?  What should I check?  How can I
> > debug it?  I have VC++ 6.0 installed but no windoze programming
> > experience.
>
> > I would like to get it working without switching to freeamp or sonique
> > (winamp is still best IMO).  And I don't want to reinstall Windoze...
> > It will break 2 things for every thing it fixes :-)
>
> The dissapearing plugins are a bug in WinAmp. How many input plugins
> do you have? Try removing some, and check then.
> I have a problem with vorbis plugin, too: WinAmp won't show .OGG files
> in open dialog box, unless I select Ogg Vorbis file type (OGG files
> don't show in "All supported types". That's caused by having too much
> input plugins installed.

Thanks for the info, i'll try it.  I do have lot's of them, many installed
roughly at the same time as it broke.  There should be an input plugin
that MUXes several plugins (like there is with visualisation).  ;-).

On the other hand, why is the old plugin recognized without any problems?
The other plugins don't disappear too.

Bugs are _strange_.  They have somthing in common with M$ products...:)

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

10001110111100111100001001010 m/s