[vorbis] Re: ogg123 and stdout

Matthijs Laan matthijsln at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 17 10:24:13 PDT 2001

At 16:25 17-4-01, you wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Matthijs Laan wrote:
>
> > At 17:10 16-4-01, you wrote:
> > >begin fungus quotation:

> > >so we can expect to see something Wednesday? ;)
> >
> > I've made something. It wasn't done in exactly 10 minutes because I had to
> > translate the headers to Pascal, but the GUI was certainly done in about
> > 30 minutes.
> >
>Wasn't this supposed to be a *command-line* app?  There are enough GUIs on
>windows :-)

IMHO command-line utils are not really useful on Windows anyway, the shell on
i.e. Linux (bash) is really powerful and the Windows shell (98, don't know NT)
is nothing compared to bash.

Turning this one into a command-line app should be a picknick anyway. I only
would have to throw out the stuff that's using Windows' message dispatching
(the
event 'a buffer is done playing' is passed around that way).

Matthijs