[vorbis] Winamp plugin not recognized at all

Beni Cherniavsky scben at techst02.technion.ac.il
Tue Apr 17 06:22:35 PDT 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Paul Hoskinson wrote:

> You might want to try deleting winamp.ini from the winamp
> directory. Winamp's settings might be corrupted or something.
>
> Paul

I tried.  It doesn't help.  It's quite a time since beta4 and I still
can't use it (I do encode with it but it would not always be played back
correctly with older plugins).

Can some one try to generate more ideas?  What should I check?  How can I
debug it?  I have VC++ 6.0 installed but no windoze programming
experience.

I would like to get it working without switching to freeamp or sonique
(winamp is still best IMO).  And I don't want to reinstall Windoze...
It will break 2 things for every thing it fixes :-)

> At 09:51 PM 08/03/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >

> >Aleksandar Dovnikovic wrote:

> installed
> >>
> >> I have WinAMP 2.72 and I have no problems. I was using beta3 and
> >> some pre-beta4 version plug-in, and they all work. Beta4 works OK,
> >> and so does the version with comment editor. Don't know what could
> >> be wrong, try uninstalling (make sure you delete the WinAMP directory)
> >> and then install WinAMP again and copy the plug-in in the plug-in
> >> directory again.
> >
> >I have been having the same problem.  Uninstalling and
> >re-intalling winamp and then the vorbis plug-in does not
> >seem to help.

> >Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
> >containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
> >Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.

Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)

10001110111100111100001001010 m/s