[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

fungus spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com
Fri Apr 13 20:43:11 PDT 2001

Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> > In Linux, I tested "mpg123 -t" vs. "ogg123 -d null" using the time program,
> > and mpg123 was twice as fast as ogg123 at decoding two same-length files.
>
> This sounds about right.

I just used winamp to decode a 20 minute files and it took
one minute ten for the mp3 file, one minute forty for the
.ogg file. I expected more difference but hey, I'm not
complaining.

Ogg rocks, it's just that the first thing a games writer
is going to look at is CPU usage. That's life...

--
<\___/>
/ O O \