OT: long - Replacing CD's? was RE: [vorbis] New type of copy-prot ected audio CDs are coming...

ndrw mchl grnbrg amg at bewley.net
Mon Apr 9 07:41:09 PDT 2001

fungus <spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com> wrote:
: Mat Bettinson wrote:
: >
: > MP3 players, on the other hand, are now seeing a frightening growth
: > outstripping Minidiscs by a huge degree. I was in one of the largest
: > electronics goods high street retailers the other day and I counted 14
: > MP3 players and only 5 Minidiscs.
:
: The new breed of mp3 playes - the ones with 6Gb
: hard disks inside them - will kill minidiscs.
: They don't cost much more by they have hundreds
: of times the capacity.

Last time I checked, mp3 players didn't have A/D converters in them or a
record function. Minidisc serves a different function.

--
<blank signature>