[vorbis] Doh! Re: Anyone working on a Windows decoder?

Matt and Karin Lawson lawson at qns.com
Sat Sep 30 09:05:40 PDT 2000

Doh! (in Homer Simpson voice)

I feel silly now.  I didn't know it would do that, but sure enough I tried it
and it works like a charm!  This is a significant ability that I think needs
to be advertised better.  I've had people visit my Vorbis-content website
and comment "Well, if I could decode it back to WAV files, I might be
willing to use Vorbis..."

If anyone else is wondering, all you do is click on the top left corner of
Winamp
to bring up the menu.  Go to "Options" and then "Preferences".  Now click on
'Nullsoft Disk Writer Plugin".  Click on "Configure" and select the directory
where to want the WAV files to go.  Click on "close".  Now select some songs
as if you were going to play them.  When you hit 'Play', it will write them to
disk as WAV files instead of playing them.  To return to normal operation,
Click "close" and you're back to normal.

I hope this helps speed Vorbis' adoption...

- Matt