[vorbis] more vorbis press!

Angus Griffin mcmutty at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 24 17:20:43 PST 2000

> I mentioned to Monty once that I'd like to sponsor the effort by making a
> small donation.  I can't afford to pay someone's whole salary, but I could
> choke up a few dollars towards the effort.  I think that a lot of people
> would be interested in it.  It's more in-line with the whole
"internet/work
> together" spirit than a few corporate sponsors, which is what vorbis was
> trying to get away from in the first place.

I agree. Though, not only is it more in the spirit, it may prove more
reliable source of funding for the project. Corporate sponsors will still be
valuable, but I wouldn't be expecting too much from the likes of Dolby or
FhG. It sounds like it  may be worth while taking advantage of EA's interest
in the project.

I too would be interested in making a donation. Especially if it is secured
through a 'limit' style system (as mentioned before, this thread) where the
donation would not be used until/if a certain threshold were reached.

Regards,
Angus