[vorbis] compiling oggenc

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Nov 12 01:43:09 PST 2000

At 03:21 AM 11/12/00 EST, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>   I am trying to compile oggenc from the "vorbis nightly cvs" archive...
>and I've been hacking something together for about 3 hours now... and i'm
>getting the feeling that it should not be this hard... what is the correct
>way to use the CVS tree and VC++ Pro 5.0?

Well, the supplied project files are for VC++ 6, so you'll have to create
your own from scratch. That isn't hard (I also use version 5). You'll want
to create projects for libogg and libvorbis (possibly also libvorbisenc and
libvorbisfile, but it's easier to just make those part of libvorbis). As
for which files you need to use - just look at Makefile.am in the lib
subdirectory. You'll need the same files on windows.

You'll also need to set up include search paths, etc. Once you have those
compiled, you can compile oggenc. That should be easy - just make sure
libvorbis and libogg are in the link list.

If you let us know specific problems you're having, we can give more
specific advice.

Michael