[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Daniel Lyons fusion at nmt.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:06:05 PDT 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Ross Levis wrote:

> The problem using the same extension for audio & video files is the confusion
> that will occur for downloaders.  If someone is searching the Internet for just
> the audio of a song, video files may clutter the results, and the only way of
> identification will most likely be the filesize.

that and the identification information.  that is to say, doing a filename
search will have this problem, but if you're searching using information
in the identification (a la ID3 tag, forgive me for not knowing the name
of what this is with Vorbis) then you're not going to find the wrong
stuff.

Daniel