[vorbis] masking problems in Vorbis beta?

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Tue Jun 27 09:24:38 PDT 2000

there was a reponse to this on the mp3encoder list, and i'll sum it up for
everyone who hasn't read it yet.

There are bugs in vorbis still, and we know about them.  This test is
exactly what trips the bug (short block triggering) and so of course it's
going to look upsetting.  Monty and Greg have already shown that in a
short amount of time you can make these bugs go completely away in a
specific case with some tuning/messing around, and Monty is working on the
grand master fix for it all.

Vorbis isn't perfect yet.  But every day its getting better, and when this
short block bug gets fixed, we can rerun the tests and prove it.

jack.