[vorbis] Artist and title info

Rich Burroughs rich at indiepopradio.com
Thu Jun 29 16:45:43 PDT 2000

I webcast using Icecast, and I'm very intersted in Vorbis. I'm setting up
a page where people can download some selected tracks by artists that are
in my playlist. I've been planning on providing MP3s, but thought it would
be fun to put some .ogg files up too and encourage people to grab the
plugins.

I've encoded a few tracks using the Linux ogglame, and they seem to have
turned out fine. I listened with xmms and they sound very good. My only
question is about the listing in the xmms internal playlist. All the
Vorbis tracks show up as, "Untitled track (encoded by Xiphophorus
libVorbis..."

Is that particular to the xmms plugin, or do tracks get listed that way on
the other players, too? Any way I can get the right info in there? Feel
free to point me to documentation, if it exists.

Thanks,

Rich