[vorbis] Re: [vorbis-dev] bug in glibc 2.1.2 and older

R.L. Horn rlhorn at mailroom.com
Sat Jun 24 16:00:44 PDT 2000

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Monty wrote:

> I was wrong.  It seems that glibc 2.1.2 and older is still alive and well.

It's worse than that:  www.gnu.org still (at least as of a couple of days
ago) points to 2.1.2 as being the latest and greatest.

> If replacing libc is not an option, all C modules should be built with
> _D__NO_MATH_INLINES This will result in a performance sacrifice, but
> will produce correct binaries.

Compiling with optimization level 1 (-O or -O1) also apparently works (at
least it's worked for my linux-intel system) without the huge (~36%)
performance hit.  For distribution or serious testing, however, I'd play
it safe for now and kill the inlines completely.