[vorbis] Comment editor?

Alexander Hvostov vulture at aoi.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 29 11:38:12 PDT 2000

Kenneth,

Again, the simplest of the interfaces should be simple, and more complex
interfaces should be built on top of it. I think that by default, the
simple interface should add another instance of the tag if one instance
already exists.

$ vorbis-comment-editor --list
[1] FIELD1: text...
[2] FIELD1: text...
[3] FIELD2: 123
$ vorbis-comment-editor --remove=2
$ vorbis-comment-editor --list
[1] FIELD1: text...
[2] FIELD2: 123
$ vorbis-comment-editor --add --field=FIELD1 --value="text..."
$ vorbis-comment-editor --list
[1] FIELD1: text...
[2] FIELD2: 123
[3] FIELD1: text...
$ vorbis-comment-editor --replace=2 --value=234
$ vorbis-comment-editor --list
[1] FIELD1: text...
[2] FIELD2: 234
[3] FIELD1: text...

Above all, the output needs to be easily parsed, as well as being human
readable, which the above format (I think) does. Still, that's not such a
big thing as how to get the interface to do the needed functions...

$ vorbis-comment-editor --help
Usage:
  vorbis-comment-editor [options] --add --field=FIELD --value=VALUE
  vorbis-comment-editor [options] --remove=NUMBER
  vorbis-comment-editor [options] --replace=NUMBER --value=VALUE
  vorbis-comment-editor [options] --list

Commands:
  --add			Adds a field of type FIELD with value VALUE.
  --remove		Removes field number NUMBER; numbers come from the
                        numbers in brackets shown by the --list command.
  --replace		Replaces field number NUMBER with new value VALUE.
  --list		Lists existing fields, along with their numbers
                        and values.

  --file=FILE		Opens and processes FILE instead of standard
                        input; the modified Vorbis stream will be written
                        to FILE instead of standard output.

...any suggestions?

Regards,

Alex.

---
PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
  EFD1 AC6C 7ED5 E453 C367  AC7A B474 16E0 758D 7ED9