[vorbis] Streaming Considerations.

Adam Scriven scriven at lore.com
Fri Jul 28 05:57:09 PDT 2000

Hello,

I'm not sure which list, so I'll post it to both.

I was thinking about this streaming thing again (thankfully, not about the
info stream, but the audio stream. 8-) ), and I was wondering if it would
be streamable like MP3, or more like Real Audio.  MP3 players, like WinAMP,
can stream without a special server.  This may not be as reliable,
streaming over HTTP, but it is quite handy.  Will this be possible with
Vorbis (dependent on the plug-ins)?  And, if it IS possible, it should also
pre-buffer the next coming song, if possible, so that the audio stream
pauses as little as possible between songs, similar to how WinAMP does it.

Thanks for any info!
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada