[vorbis] Compiling question about the nightly CVS download

Dara Parsavand parsavand at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 12:51:45 PDT 2000

I'm doing something wrong but the directions I follow seem simple:

tar xvfz vorbis-nightly-cvs.tgz (in /root)
cd vorbis
./configure
make
make install

There didn't seem to be any unusual output from configure or make,
but make install results in:

cat install.sh >install
chmod a+x install

both of these files are empty.

The directories /usr/local/bin, usr/local/man and /usr/local/lib all
remain empty (but the README says they will be populated). I'm sure I'm
doing something obviously wrong, anyone care to guess what it is? Is
there another source of info besides the README that I should be
looking at for compilation instructions?

Thanks - Dara (who for too long depended on a SysAdmin for everything
but Matlab scripts)