[vorbis] xml stream formats

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Fri Jul 7 13:50:04 PDT 2000

Ralph Giles wrote:

> Consider a live streaming context, when you have people connecting "in the
> middle" of a song.

Okay.  I didn't realize that was a goal.  I was only thinking about
being able to start playing before the whole file was downloaded.

That clarifies everything for me. (-:

So a real XML parser won't work unless you just jam a fake document
header (<?xml?>, <!DOCTYPE> and <vorbis::metadata> in my example) into
the XML parser when connecting to an ongoing stream.

Another approach would be to have every metadata chunk be a complete
XML document...

--
                                        K<bob>
kbob at jogger-egg.com, http://www.jogger-egg.com/