[vorbis] xml stream formats

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Thu Jul 6 10:42:31 PDT 2000

I'm not sure I understand how this streaming XML stuff is going
to be used.  I'm envisioning something like this.

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE vorbis-metadata SYSTEM "http://www.xiph.org/vorbis-lyrics.dtd">
    <vorbis::metadata>
     <title>Lucy in the Sky</title>
     <composer>John Lennon</composer>
     <timestamp t="00:01.38"/>
     <chord symbol="Am" fingering="http://www.xiph.org/guitarcharts/Am.png"/>
     <lyric>Pic</lyric>
     <timestamp t="00:01.53"/>
     <lyric>ture </lyric>
     <timestamp t="00:02.04"/>
     <timestamp t="00:02.31"/>
     <chord symbol="G" fingering="http://www.xiph.org/guitarcharts/G.png"/>
     <timestamp t="00:02.55"/>
     <lyric>on </lyric>

     <!-- and so forth... -->

    </vorbis::metadata>

Is this sort of the idea?  If not, what?

(BTW, this is my second attempt.  My first attempt had a <lyric>
element followed by a <chord> element to illustrate the inherent
nonstreamability of XML (-: , but this looks streamable.)

(Yes, those are the wrong chords.  Shoot me.)

--
                                        K<bob>
kbob at jogger-egg.com, http://www.jogger-egg.com/