[vorbis] OT: Downloading .DLLs (WinAmp Plugin with HTTP Streaming Support)

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Sat Dec 16 19:19:04 PST 2000

According to Moritz Grimm (sometime around Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:15:14PM +0100):
> > GetRight installs a adware DLL that runs in the background and
> > retrieves ads. Obviously, anything closed-source running in the
>
> After registering Getright (we all wouldn't dare to do anything illegal,
> would we) you can remove the adware .ddl's. A button in the
> configuration window appears and leads you to
> http://www.getright.com/remove_ads.html where you can download a tool
> that automatically removes the questioned files plus the respective
> registry entries ... if there are any.

I tried getright quite a long time ago. It's likely that the situation
has changed since then. But how do you _know_ it's removing the
adware? I still wouldn't trust it.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>