[vorbis] Short block test

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Fri Dec 22 04:25:13 PST 2000

Nils Philippsen wrote:

> > Ahhhh!  Someone else reported this bug and I could not reproduce it.
> > Is this with Frank's test sample?  Windows oggenc or unix?  If I can
> > get things to hang on Linux where I can watch it, I'll be very happy.
>
> I can reproduce it here:
>
> - libogg, libvorbis, vorbis-tools from CVS 20001220
> - Red Hat Linux 7/IA32 (heavily updated)
> - glibc-2.2
> - kernel 2.4.0-test12 (if that matters, it shouldn't)
>
> It runs fine until 98.3% where it hangs -- apparently in an endless loop
> because I can't strace any system calls being executed. The resulting ogg
> file has some really nasty artifacts...

Can you compile it without math function inlining, and then ltrace it? That
would be very slow, of course, but would tell us about where the bug is
(if we're a bit lucky).

Or connect to the running encoder with gdb, and get a backtrace.

Or signal the running process to segfault, and then gdb it.

I'm afraid I can't regenerate the problem here, sorry.

Ciao,

Segher