[vorbis] WinAmp Plugin with HTTP Streaming Support

mike dillon mdillon at standmed.com
Fri Dec 15 18:24:19 PST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Steven Bailey wrote:
> Does anyone know why Netscape keeps trying to read posted .dll's as text
> files?  I don't have the knowhow to compile the stuff in the .zip.  I
> can download the .dll file using IE, it is just annoying.

your server is saying the MIME type is text/plain, which Netscape respects and
IE notoriously ignores. your server needs the dll added to the list of
extensions for application/octet-stream:

application/octet-stream	<...> dll

(where <...> is "bin dms lha lzh exe class" in my MIME file)

-md

~$ HEAD http://www.javasource.org/in_vorbis.dll
200 OK
Connection: close