[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at eunet.yu
Tue Dec 12 03:30:32 PST 2000

"David Mitchell" <mitchell at ucar.edu> wrote:

> "We doubt very much that they are not using Fraunhofer and
> Thomson intellectual property," Linde said. "We think it is
> likely they are infringing."
>
> So, the project is definitly on their radar. Whether or not Linde
> believes what he's saying is another story. It's clearly intended
> as FUD to keep companies from adopting Vorbis. He's also carefull
> to use phrases like "We doubt" and "We think" which keep his
> claims from running afoul of libel laws.

That is why I think it is important to have corporate sponsors,
because if you don't have them, FhG & Thomson MM will be
more encouraged to attack Vorbis (it doesn't matter much
whether it is founded or not - just dragging through the courts
will be painful enough). I'm 100% sure that without corporate
sponsors FhG & Thomson will try to destroy Vorbis.

Greetings,
Aleksandar