[vorbis] Xmms plugin bug

Darren Meyer linux at radiantmatrix.org
Fri Dec 8 09:13:18 PST 2000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 04:54:38PM +0100, Arne Hueggenberg wrote:
> > I have one File (out of several hundred) wich, even after reripping and
> > reencoding always crashes xmms when i try to play it.
> >
> > when playing it with ogg123 i have no problems though
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
>
> just found a second one
>
> oh, and everything is from beta3, compiled from source on debian potato

I had a similar problem, I also use Debian potato: but I discovered that it
isn't the encoder, rather XMMS/the XMMS plugin that caused issues.  I
believe there is a thread in this list on something similar.

For me (and I am not a developer), building the latest XMMS from sources,
then adding the most current Vorbis XMMS plugin fixed the problem.  First
thing I tried, so I can't help much beyond that...

I would be curious if anyone with a more detailed knowledge of Vorbis
internals would care to shed some light on what the problem actually is...