[vorbis] My Vorbis beta 2 impressions

ndrw mchl grnbrg amg at bewley.net
Tue Aug 22 07:29:14 PDT 2000

Jack Moffitt <jack at icecast.org> wrote:
: > That's more an issue of a sample ending and then dropping off a digital cliff
: > to zero making a high frequency click.  One can smooth that...
:
: Don't samplers have this same problem?  I believe they generally use a
: fast volume ramp down to solve it.  I assume that's what we'd do as well.

Samplers use cross-fading in playback, but I don't think that they modify
the sample itself.

--
the sig file that offends!`           a m g @ b e w l e y . n e t