[vorbis] The immediate future

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Sun Aug 13 23:53:41 PDT 2000

Hi:

CBR is essential for low bit-rate streaming situations because you need to
ensure that the bitrate never exceeds the available data rate.  This is
particularly important for modem users, of whom I am one.

I am looking to use streaming audio in a broadcasting situation where I
will have limited bandwidth on a closed network.  I will be wanting 64
KBpS, stereo if possible (and if it sounds OK), but mono will do.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701