[vorbis] Compiling the 'cmdline' demo

Joseph A. Martin martinja at ice-works.com
Tue Apr 11 09:39:37 PDT 2000

Hello,
        I found out about Vorbis and Ogg recently and am very
interested in it. I grabbed the latest sources from CVS and have been
able to compile almost everything. The only thing (to my knowledge)
that I can't compile is the 'cmdline' demo.
        Everything compiles correctly there error comes in the linking
stage. The error message is reproduced below:

make target CFLAGS="-O20 -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char -I. -I../lib  "
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/martinja/projects/vorbis/cmdline'
gcc -O20 -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char -I. -I../lib   getopt.o getopt1.o main.o header.o -I. -I../lib   ../lib/libvorbis.a -o vorbis -lpthread -lm
main.o: In function `main':
main.o(.text+0x318): undefined reference to `fill_buffer'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [target] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martinja/projects/vorbis/cmdline'

I looked at main.c and there is a call to the function fill_buffer.
However, I cannot find this function anywhere. It does not appear in
any of the .h or .c files in the vorbis distribtion and I don't see it
on my system.

Does anyone know what I need to fix, download, or install to get this
working?

I am running Debian GNU/Linux (woody). I have gcc 2.95.2, glibc 2.1.3,
and kernel 2.2.14.

I did not know which mailing list would be better for this type of
request so I posted to both. Please let me know which list is more
appropriate so I can post more intelligently in the future.

P.S. I had to add 'header.o' to the 'OFILES' line in the Makefile in
the cmdline directory already. Without it there were several more
'undefined reference to' errors in the build process. Somebody might
want to fix that in CVS.

later,
joseph

--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402
martinja at ice-works.com
http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/index.html

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.