[vorbis] Well done!

Darxus darxus at Op.Net
Wed Apr 12 07:56:46 PDT 2000

On 12 Apr 2000, lars brinkhoff wrote:

> I'm considering converting all my mp3 files to Vorbis format.  Only
> examples/encoder_example is a bit too simplistic (of course, being an
> example), and the cmdline tools aren't ready.

Both mp3 & ogg are lossy compression formats.  Especially if you're doing
low bitrates.  Taking a song that has already been somewhat mangled by mp3
and remangling it w/ ogg would be.. bad.

I really think there aught to be a standard header flag in all of these
formats stating wheither the file was encoded from original, clean,
uncompressed input.