[Vorbis-dev] Decode ogg file while downloading: what are the good practices?

Matthieu Regnauld mregnauld at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:46:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

After more tests, I discovered a new problem in my code (
https://gist.github.com/mregnauld/3f7cdc43b02ec3bbd91641b9333ba072) while
seeking in an audio file that is being downloaded.

When I seek in random positions (when I call OggPlayer::seek()), while I
extract audio samples (when I call OggPlayer::extract() every 5ms, in my
test - basically, I just play the audio file), sometimes, I get random
errors with ov_read():
- sometimes it returns 0 (end of file)
- sometimes it returns an error (like an OV_HOLE error)
- sometimes it just crashes

And that, even if I seek to a position which is at least 44100 frames (1
second) before the end of the file...

Has anyone had this problem? Is there maybe any buffer somewhere that I
forget to flush, or something?

Thanks for your help.