[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis without encapulsation

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Feb 6 09:16:43 UTC 2017

L'octidi 18 pluviôse, an CCXXV, Miscellaneous a écrit :
> > The RLP draft mentioned on the libvorbis docs page, are there sample
> > implementations (in C) of this yet anywhere?
> Sorry that should say RTP, not RLP

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but libavformat
has a RTP packetizer that works for both Vorbis and Theora, implemented
in rtpenc_xiph.c.

But this packetizer is meant for use in the RTP muxer of libavformat
itself, and the RTP muxer relies on the packet's metadata, that, when it
comes from libvorbis, is derived from the fields of the ogg_packet
structure. Thus, you still need that ogg_packet structure anyway.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George