[Vorbis-dev] Use of alloca in vorbis_comment_add_tag

Robert Kausch robert.kausch at freac.org
Thu Oct 15 05:57:57 PDT 2015

> Ralph Giles <giles at thaumas.net> hat am 14. Oktober 2015 um 01:19 geschrieben:
>
> Thanks for the report. I've done a quick fix. Please test.
>
> https://git.xiph.org/?p=vorbis.git;a=commitdiff;h=c75b3b1282de1010883aa1391bc8ea31dc8ac98e

Works great, thanks!

I think replacing alloca in vorbis_comment_query and vorbis_comment_query_count
is not really necessary as only the tag id without content is used in those
methods. On the other hand, it might be a good idea to avoid alloca where
possible. An alternative would be to continue using alloca in those two methods,
but check and fail if the id lenght is greater than a few kB.

Robert