[Vorbis-dev] Writting 16-bit PCM data to Ogg.

Arun Balaji Prithivi Raj arunbalaji at mail.usf.edu
Mon May 18 20:42:47 PDT 2015

I did the following steps, but still the problem persists.

1) checkout on a separate repo.
            svn checkout https://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis/ ~/vorbis_svn
2)  ./configure
3)  ./autogen.sh
4)  make
5)  sudo make install
6)  cd examples/
7)  make

At step 7, I am getting the below error.
/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -O3 -Wall -Wextra
-ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char -Wdeclaration-after-statement
 -DUSE_MEMORY_H   -o decoder_example decoder_example.o ../lib/libvorbis.la
libtool: link: gcc -O3 -Wall -Wextra -ffast-math -D_REENTRANT -fsigned-char
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -DUSE_MEMORY_H -o .libs/decoder_example
decoder_example.o  ../lib/.libs/libvorbis.so
/usr/bin/ld: decoder_example.o: undefined reference to symbol
'ogg_stream_packetout'
//usr/local/lib/libogg.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
line
make: *** [decoder_example] Error 1

Please help me in getting this work done.