[Vorbis-dev] Sound glitch when using libvorbisfile and libao

Marshall Mason marshallmason2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:10:57 PDT 2015

Hi there,
I've been grappling with this for some time, so I'm finally breaking down
and trying this list.

I'm trying to integrate libvorbisfile and libao to create a simple sound
file player, a la ogg123. To do this, I borrowed heavily from ao_example.c
and vorbisfile_example.c. I feed the buffer from ov_read into ao_play in a
simple loop. It usually works, but occasionally all it does is make a
strange sound and quickly finishes. I cannot dependably reproduce it. The
same problem does not happen when I use ogg123, so I'm sure I'm doing
something wrong. I've combed through the ogg123 source code and couldn't
figure it out. I'm wondering if someone can look at my code and tell me if
there's something I overlooked.

http://pastie.org/10239629

(Debian Jessie, libvorbisfile 1.3.4, libao-1.1.0)

Thanks,
Marshall