[Vorbis-dev] Tremor crash on armel

Chris Moore moore at free.fr
Thu Jan 30 03:26:18 PST 2014

Hi,

Debian Project News drew my attention to an RFH
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=698378 for a crash in
libvorbisidec (tremor) on ARM systems.

I have been in contact with Daniel Kahn Gillmor proposing to try to help
solve this crash on armel.
Unfortunately Daniel hasn't been able to reproduce it recently.

Can anyone shed any light on this crash or on how to reproduce it, please?
(Or on any other bug with which you would like help.)

I am a newbie on this list so here is some personal inormation:
- I am an experienced C programmer but I am (nearly) retired and I am
looking for a way to help the community and to keep my remaining neurons
active.
- I am not particularly familiar with Vorbis but I have optimized
JPEG-like decompression which also uses DCT and Huffman encoding.
- I am familiar with bitstream handling as I have worked for about 18
years extracting data from satellite telemetry.
- I have several armel systems running (oldish versions of) Debian
either natively or in a chroot (plus, of course, i386 and amd64 ones).

TIA.

Cheers,
Chris

---