[Vorbis-dev] Getting samples in a packet without decoding

Brendan Bolles brendan at fnordware.com
Tue Aug 5 18:02:35 PDT 2014

On Aug 5, 2014, at 5:40 PM, xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:

> extern long vorbis_packet_blocksize(vorbis_info *vi,ogg_packet *op);

Hey, Monty.  I tried that, but the value it returns is bigger than what I end up getting from vorbis_synthesis_pcmout().  Actually, in this file I'm using for testing, vorbis_packet_blocksize() gives me 2048 and vorbis_synthesis_pcmout() gives me 1024 for most packets.

Thought it might have been because of this:

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis/2006-May/026355.html

"The amount of decoded PCM data actually output per block, because of
the overlapping, of course, is different from this."

Brendan