[Vorbis-dev] Increase packet size created by an encoder?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Nov 3 13:41:05 PST 2013

Hello,

It's not possible to increase the vorbis paket size/duration in the
official Ogg mapping.  Packet size is determined by bitrate and window
size; increasing the window size will have knockon effects to encoded
quality.

Is there a reason you want to make fewer calls to ov_read?  Even if
you coded a custom mapping that placed multiple vorbis packets into a
single Ogg packet, you'd still have to do the same amount of work to
decode it.

Monty