[Vorbis-dev] VQ vector value decode help

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu May 2 11:14:54 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM, N. Sidorova <n.sidorova at lunanite.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I believe you're saying that the implied loop is for each entry in
> the [codebook_multiplicands] array, with [lookup_offset] being the index of
> the [codebook_multiplicand] array entry for a given iteration. Is this
> understanding correct?

Sort of.  There's additional computation there because the
lookup_offset is really a index into a countable vector space, and
codebook_multiplicands is a compacted representation of that space.
The lookup_offset is turned into the multiplicand_offset, and the
multiplicand offset is used to index into the codebook_multiplicands
array.

> Also, when I've finished implementing the spec I'd like to submit a list of
> the typos I've found. Is this something best done on Trac or on this mailing
> list?

Ideally both, but Trac alone will suffice.

Monty