[Vorbis-dev] OGG loads as a naked file, but not if embedded in an IFF.

dave at 661.org dave at 661.org
Tue Dec 10 11:43:21 PST 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, Conrad Parker wrote:

> On 8 December 2013 16:57, <dave at 661.org> wrote:
>
>       I can now load and play AIFF, WAV, and OGG files using
>       libsndfile and
>       libao.  Now I'm moving on to loading and playing files embedded
>       in an IFF
>       file.  This is presenting a problem.  Playing an AIFF embedded
>       in an IFF
>       works fine.  Playing an OGG embedded in the same IFF fails.
>       Specifically, it appears that sf_open_fd() can't figure out what
>       it's
>       being told to load.  Except for extra code to tell the player
>       function
>       what offset to start at, the player function in the IFF-embedded
>       player
>       program is functionally identical to the one in the standalone
>       player
>       program.
>
>       I have the test code in a Github repo at
>       https://github.com/DavidGriffith/blorbsnd.  Would someone please
>       help me
>       out?
>
> which of those files contains the non-working code?

Those would be blorbsnd3.c and blorbsnd4.c.  At this point I'm considering
not using libsndfile since I have AIFFs and OGGs loading without its
assistance.  I have not yet tried to move code from playogg.c to another
iteration of blorbsnd yet.  Still, I'd like to know why my code is
behaving like this.

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org