[Vorbis-dev] OGG loads as a naked file, but not if embedded in an IFF.

dave at 661.org dave at 661.org
Sat Dec 7 21:57:02 PST 2013

I can now load and play AIFF, WAV, and OGG files using libsndfile and
libao.  Now I'm moving on to loading and playing files embedded in an IFF
file.  This is presenting a problem.  Playing an AIFF embedded in an IFF
works fine.  Playing an OGG embedded in the same IFF fails.
Specifically, it appears that sf_open_fd() can't figure out what it's
being told to load.  Except for extra code to tell the player function
what offset to start at, the player function in the IFF-embedded player
program is functionally identical to the one in the standalone player
program.

I have the test code in a Github repo at
https://github.com/DavidGriffith/blorbsnd.  Would someone please help me
out?

--
David Griffith