[Vorbis-dev] Enhanced Podcasts with Ogg Vorbis (Chapter Marks)

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Fri Mar 30 02:47:46 PDT 2012

Hallo again!

> I've started the following wiki page: https://wiki.xiph.org/Chapter_Extension

I have one more feature request for the specification now ;)

Many podcasters use not only chapter titles, but also append links to
chapters (with MP4 files).
Most of them just use one link, but in theory there could be more links
as well ...

This would be easy to include in the VorbisComment Chapter Extension by
using a Tag CHAPTER001URL (or I guess there is a better name?)

For example:
CHAPTER001=00:00:00.000-->00:05:00.000
CHAPTER001NAME=Chapter 1
CHAPTER001URL=http://some.interesting.url.org/here.html
CHAPTER002=00:05:00.000-->00:10:00.000
CHAPTER002NAME=Chapter 2
CHAPTER001URL=http://url.for.chapter.at/second.html

As field names are not required to be unique, we could support multiple
URLs per chapter as well:
CHAPTER001=00:00:00.000-->00:05:00.000
CHAPTER001NAME=Chapter 1
CHAPTER001URL=http://some.interesting.url.org/here.html
CHAPTER001URL=http://second.url.for.chapter.at/one

Do you think that's reasonable ?

Or would it be better to use OggKate (or something else) for URLs?
I am still not sure what's the best way ...

Yes, and the final thing would be images for chapters ;) (or at some
timepoints)
AFAIK there is OggSpots or OggKate for that - do you know which way is
supported by most of the players?

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!
LG
Georg

--
auphonic - automatic audio post production
http://auphonic.com