[Vorbis-dev] Multi-channel labels in Vorbis comments

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Sat Nov 19 04:57:16 PST 2011

Hi Monty,

> The RockBand/GuitarHero franchises are using massively multitrack ogg
> files (.mogg) that are similar to the proposed use case.  I hadn't
> looked at them to see if they were a general purpose solution or were
> just hard-wired arrangements for specific games.

That's an excellent tip, thanks! I had a quick look online and it seems
that .mogg files open in Audacity, so they might be generic multichannel
Ogg Vorbis files. I'll take a closer look.

This idea has real potential because there are a lot of well-known
tracks available in that format already. Also we could create some free
licenced files from sources such as:

http://ccmixter.org/fortminor_samples

Cheers!

Daniel