[Vorbis-dev] Fixed-point Vorbis Encoder

Mohit Shah shahmohit87 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 03:55:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently working on a project related to audio processing
applications on embedded systems. Briefly, I am supposed to develop a
hardware accelerator that supports fast Vorbis encoding. For this
purpose, I am required to convert all the floating-point calculations
to fixed-point as done in the Tremor implementation (however, I need
to do the same for encoding). I would like to know if it is possible
(since there's no tremor-like implementation for encoding)  and if
yes, what would be a good way to start doing so.

Also, I have read in a couple of papers that Vorbis encoding is not
suitable for embedded devices with low-power constraints. Can you
please share any information or experience on this subject?

Thank you,
Mohit.