[Vorbis-dev] Decoding non-seekable stream

Niranjan Udipi ucniranjan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 07:04:07 PST 2010

Hi All,

    I am using the Tremor Decoder on an Embedded Systems Board. I have
loaded the OV encoded data into the memory. I use callback.seek.func
the decoding happens properly. However, if I force the
callback.seek.func return -1, thus making the encoded stream a
non-seekable one, the decoding does not happen. On debugging, I found
that the ov_read function continues to return 0 bytes. Please tell me
where I could have gone wrong.

    The intention of the above experiment is that the Board does not
have enough memory to store a whole music file. Thus the encoded data
will be copied to the memory regularly from PCI interface.

Thanks,
Niranjan