[Vorbis-dev] How to run Tremor Decoder with limited memory?

Niranjan Udipi ucniranjan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:58:05 PST 2010

Hi All,

    I have been able to run the Tremor Decoder on our Processor Board
connected to a PC over PCIe. We send the OV encoded data from the PC to the
Board. On receiving the data, the Processor decodes the same and sends it
back to the PC.

    The Board has only 128KB of memory, therefore we can not send encoded
music data bigger than this. I believe I will have to use the Decoder in
streaming and non-seekable mode. I am using
int ret1 = ov_open_callbacks(&oggMemoryFile, &vf, NULL, 0,vorbisCallbacks);
with our own call back functions. When I send small chunks of encoded data,
how can I reuse the above function to do decoding?

Thanks in anticipation,
Niranjan